Wierd Job schedule problem

Last Post 02 Jun 2004 09:14 AM by bryanmurtha. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
bryanmurtha

--
02 Jun 2004 06:46 AM
Hello All,

I have a job that is scheduled to run daily on 12:00AM it has run successfully the 26, 27, 28, I was out yesterday and when I came in it hadn't run since the 28th. It said next run date 6/3 ? Last run date 5/28 shouldn't of it at least failed on those other days. I viewed the job history and confirmed this it just didn't run? I'm completely baffled by this. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,
Bryan
bryanmurtha

--
02 Jun 2004 07:04 AM
Ok this is really really wierd, when I execute the job manually, it says executing job step 0. Then it just stops and when I view the job history it never reports a failure. It just quit without doing anything? I double checked there is no end date to the job.

bryanmurtha

--
02 Jun 2004 09:14 AM
SQL Agent is running, I didn't have to start it, there are no other jobs on this particular server. What is really wierd though is the above behavior. I can execute it manually, it says executing job step 0. Then when I refresh says job not running or whatever. Then I view history and check view steps and it never even records the fact that it ran. Nothing has changed about the job. It's been running successfully. Now it just doesn't work. I stripped each step out and ran it as a script. No problem. Ran successfully. This is really, really odd. I'm going to just put the script under the task scheduler and see if it works or not tonight, but I really would like to know what happened.
bryanmurtha

--
02 Jun 2004 12:55 PM
Hey rm,

We were attached on the 28th by the blaster worm. I got rid of the cmdshell extended stored procedure, and I changed the password of sa to have a semicolon in the password . You can't log in as sa anymore, it's impossible. I had the jobs running under sa and when it tried to run it failed to log in. Your suggestion to check the error log was spot on. I saw it right away. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself.

Regards,
Bryan

Acceptable Use Policy
---