SQL Server Documentation

Last Post 15 Nov 2005 01:34 AM by BoltonDBA. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
MichelVL

--
09 Nov 2005 11:52 AM
Hi

I'm creating some software for a big company and we are working against time (who isn't)

The problem is that the database is changing everyday and i, or other people of my team) is/are loosing a lot of time keeping the database information up-2-date.

Is their anyone who has a tool or an idea to automate this work, because i want to concentrate on the programming and analysing and not on writting database documentation !
(Or customers needs a complete database document when the software is going live)

Michel - NetInvent
MichelVL

--
11 Nov 2005 06:49 AM
Hi

Have a look at our software at www.dbmanual.com
The output of our SQL Server Tool is a MSDN alike style, only HTML Files, so your clients will be able to read them and they don't any software to be installed.

Otherwise another feature that might be interesting for you is our DB Manual Console, with this small program you can automate this tasks at night.
In the morning you and your colleques will always have the lastest documentation available.

Let us know if we can help you out.

Frederik Van Lierde
DB Manual Team
BoltonDBA

--
15 Nov 2005 01:34 AM
MichelVL, I can't seem to download your software, I keep getting a server error.
Stevestills

--
18 Nov 2005 12:30 PM
I would suggest taking a look at ApexSQL Doc. www.apexsql.com Have not seen anything better out there.

SS

Acceptable Use Policy
---