Copy Maintenance Plans from server to server?

Last Post 10 Nov 2010 06:34 AM by russellb. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
bstamer

--
26 Nov 2002 10:25 AM
Is there a way to script or copy maintenance plans? I need to setup plans on 220 servers.
satya

--
27 Nov 2002 01:15 AM
In 2K we have couple to system tables under MSDB try copy them across other server and see whether it works.

Those are sysdbmaintplans and others, for more information refer to 'maintenance Plan' under books online.

HTH
bstamer

--
27 Nov 2002 06:10 AM
The databases are identical. Looking at the sysjobs table the originating server may need to be updated. Updating the system tables manualy is what I'm trying to avoid though. Would like to find a way to script the plan and jobs so that when executed on each server the system tables are updated correctly on each server. I guess I may have to just script jobs for optimization, integrity and backup seperately and forget the maintenance plan idea.
I will experiment with inserting and or updating from the sysdbmaintplans, sysdbmaintplan_databases, sysdbmaintplan_jobs and sysjobs?

Thanks
satya

--
27 Nov 2002 06:20 AM
Once you copied these sys tables to target server and script those jobs on source server and execute on target server, if the setup and DBs are identical.

It has worked for me when I tried running Optimization job on my test servers.

IF you get it you're lucky otherwise
Deniseyu

--
10 Nov 2010 05:49 AM
What about PowerShell?  Is anybody ever try to use PowerShell to copy Maintenance Planst from server to server?
russellb

--
10 Nov 2010 06:34 AM
you bumped an 8 year old post about SQL 2000/7?  Might be a new record

Acceptable Use Policy
---