We are upgrading from SQL Server 2005 (SP3) to SQL Server 2008 R2.
I did the following:
- Ran the SQL Server Upgrade Advisor and took care of the issues.
- Moved the Logins from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 Server.
- Backed up the databases from SQL Server 2005 and restored them to SQL Server 2008.
So far so good...
- We have SQL Server 2005 (SSRS) reports on SQL Server 2005. Should I open these reports in BIDS 2005 or BIDS 2008 in order to apply them ontu the SQL Server 2008 R2 Server?
- We have SQL Server Integration Packages (SSIS) in SQL Server 2005. Should I open these packages in BIDS 2005 or BIDS 2008 in order to apply them ontu the SQL Server 2008 R2 Server?
- I understand that SQL Server 2008 R2 SSRS does not use IIS. So how does one configure IIS on SQL Server 2008?
Any help, tips or pointers appreciated.